Chenaniah Praise Dancers
According to the scriptures (I Chron. 15:22), Chenaniah was a skillful Levite, displaying an undeniable talent for song that drew the hearts and minds of the followers to God. Carrying on that legacy are the Chenaniah Praise Dancers, a talented troop of sisters whose creative steps are captivating souls wherever they go. Whether it’s on Bobby Jones Gospel or at the Donnie McClurkin Music & Ministry Conference, folks are feelin’ and movin’ to the ministry of Chenaniah.
Aged 8 to 14, these five inseparable sisters (Briana, Tiffany, Toni, Ashanti & Britni, respectively) are further expanding on the mission and message behind ministry through their animated moves that worship and praise God in dance. It’s something to behold. We spoke with the two oldest sisters about how God is working out His plan through these gifted girls.
Christopher Heron: How did the Anointed Chenaniah Praise Dancers Ministry begin?
Britni: We started in our living room by making up skits. Then one day we asked a praise and worship team from our church if they wanted to see our dance routine. They said sure, so we danced and they loved it. We danced for the first time at our church and it just took off from there.
Michelle Cross: What was the first song you danced to?
Ashanti: When You Praise by Fred Hammond.
MC: How do you come up with these marvelous pieces to dance to?
Britni: I listen to a lot of music but mostly I listen to the Word of God. God gives me visions then I put together the dances. My sisters help me organize how everything will come together and that's how the dances are created.
CH: So tell me how did you get the opportunity to minister at special engagements like Bobby Jones Gospel and the Donnie McClurkin's Back to Holiness Conference?
Ashanti: We had a friend who signed us up to appear and so we danced at the Bobby Jones Retreat. We met one of the producers. The producer loved our ministry so much that they came to our extravaganza that we have every year. That's how we got the connection from there to dance at different places including Donnie McClurkin's Back to Holiness Conference.
- Richard Cox with Denmarkâ€™s Renowned Gospel Artist Hans Christian
- Richard Cox Interviews Todd Dulaney
- GC's Richard Cox Gains Perspective on Faith-Based Film Making from Director Joshua Coates
- GospelCity's Richard Cox Interviews Marica Chisolm on her Debut Project
- GC's Richard Cox sits down with Bishop Hezekiah Walker
- GospelCity talks with EMIâ€™s new recording artist Tasha Cobbs
Also on GCHeadlines
- GospelCity.com interview with Kasi Lemmons, Director of Black Nativity
- Christian Fashion Week partners with iLAEA/iCulture to Give Away FREE VIP TIX
- Prophet Donny Pomerlee Debuts New Single and Project, â€śThis Great Day!â€ť
- â€śSignatureâ€ť Releases a New Sound in Their New Single â€śBigger Than Allâ€ť