Interviewed y Cherisse Stephens
Have you heard of Pastor Brenda Jefferson? Well, if you haven’t you’re in for a treat and if you have, well, you know what I’m talking about. Pastor Brenda Jefferson releases her debut CD entitled A Time of Refreshing. This CD has something for everybody and just about everybody participates on this project.
Gospelcity.com catches up with the busy pastor/artist to discuss ministry and what God is doing in this season.
Gospelcity.com - Pastor Jefferson, God bless you. Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to speak with us today. Let’s get started by asking “Who is Brenda Jefferson?”
Brenda Jefferson – I am the proud wife of Bishop M.B. Jefferson and I’m also the co-pastor alongside my husband at the Deeper Life Christian Church. Together, God has blessed us to be over 70 churches worldwide. I am also blessed to be the mother of four children.
GC - Being an artist is hard enough but also filling the role of co-pastor must be very challenging and rewarding – all at the same time.
BJ – God has blessed us to have an awesome ministry. I’m so glad that God chose me to give my all to him. I’m blessed to be chosen by God and walk alongside my husband in ministry.
GC – Tell us what part of the ministry you’re most passionate about.
BJ - I must admit I love working with the youth and young adults. I just love their spirits and willingness. God has also given me a heart to work with women who have been abused and substance abusers. I have a heart for these types of people and God has given me programs to help bring about deliverance.
GC – That is so wonderful; it’s good when you see a First Lady who gets in there, rolls up her sleeves and works in the Kingdom. Now let’s talk about your music. How did you get started in the business?
BJ – I’ve loved gospel music all of my life. I’ve been writing scripture songs for years now. It’s a part of me and I enjoy ministering in song.
- GC's Richard Cox with Damien Sneed
- GC's Richard Cox with NIV Live: A Bible Experience Director Chip Hurd and Martha Munizzi
- GospelCity's Richard Cox with Larry Callahan of Selected of God
- GospelCity's Richard Cox Sits Down with DJ Nicolas
- Richard Cox's Wes Morgan Interview
- Micah Stampley talks with GospelCity.com's Richard Cox regarding his new project "Love Never Fails"
Also on GCHeadlines
- ANNOUNCING: New Gospel Talent Booking Agency Now Open for Business!
- â€śLIFEâ€™S ESSENTIALS WITH RUBY DEEâ€ť AT BRONZELENS FILM FESTIVAL
- GRAMMY WINNER MICHELLE WILLIAMS RELEASES HIGHLY ANTICIPATED NEW ALBUM â€śJOURNEY TO FREEDOMâ€ť TO #1
- Recap of 2014 Allstate Gospel SuperFest Battle of the Bands in tour at Washington, DC auditions