In His Image: Knowing God, Seeing God, Understanding God
By Robin Caldwell
Author: Bishop Kenneth C. Ulmer’s
Many Christians are stumped in understanding what it means to be made in the image and likeness of God, who is Spirit. We cannot see Him and we are admonished in Scripture to not imagine what He looks like.
In His Image: Knowing God, Seeing God, Understanding God (Whitaker), by Bishop Kenneth C. Ulmer’s, explains that the image and likeness of God is ingeniously described in the Bible. Bishop Ulmer has meticulously extracted biblical passages that reflect God’s image in terms of the human anatomy. He states: “God’s most obvious effort at self-revelation can be found in our own mirrors. God is not literal flesh and blood - He does not have a “body.” He is, as Jesus told the woman at the well, a Spirit. He is omnipresent, omnipotent, omniscient, and holy—and those are just the punctuations on His calling card. But nowhere in the Bible is there a reference to “the body of God.”
In His Image explicates the parallels between the various functions (healing, seeing, touching) of the body and the character of God. The reader should come away with a healthy respect for his or her own creation as fearfully and wonderfully made.
Bishop Ulmer, a theologian, undertakes a lofty assignment with thoroughness and with the heart of a teacher. His enthusiasm for the subject is evident. And, In His Image is well-written and easy to follow.
The author’s goal is to make God more recognizable to believers, which he premises leads to greater intimacy with our Creator. “The same spirit that allows us to recognize God also shows us when something or someone is not of God.”
By the close of In His Image, we know why we’re to seek God, and what it means to become more like Him.
Bishop Kenneth Ulmer is the Bishop of Faithful Central Bible Church, a mega church, in Los Angeles, California. He is also the presiding bishop over the Macedonia International Bible Fellowship, which is represented by churches worldwide.
Visit www.faithfulcentral.com for more information on Pastor Ulmer, Faithful Central, or In His Image.
- Not for Sale: The Return of the Global Slave Trade
- Amazing Grace: William Wilberforce and the Heroic Campaign to End Slavery
- Zora’s Cry
- A League of Dangerous Women: True Stories from the Road to Redemption
- God, Can You Hear Me?
- Soulmates: A Video Documentary by Andrea Wiley
Also on GCHeadlines
- ANNOUNCING: New Gospel Talent Booking Agency Now Open for Business!
- GRAMMY WINNER MICHELLE WILLIAMS RELEASES HIGHLY ANTICIPATED NEW ALBUM â€śJOURNEY TO FREEDOMâ€ť TO #1
- Recap of 2014 Allstate Gospel SuperFest Battle of the Bands in tour at Washington, DC auditions
- The Follow Tour featuring ShopĂ©, Canon, Json, S.O, Julien & Dj Lagit