Twinkie Clark - Home Once Again … Live In Detroit
A celebrated organist; a heritage of music history and an expansion of a legacy that began over 40 years ago by her mother Dr. Mattie Moss Clark; Elbernita “Twinkie” Clark is the personification of Gospel music. Credited as the driving force behind the legendary Clark Sisters, Twinkie Clark, the described “Queen of the Hammond B3 organ,” brings her prolific talent to her second live album “HOME ONCE AGAIN … LIVE IN DETROIT.”
Clark, who has been recognized the world wide for her booming vocals and passionate performances recorded the album to a hometown crowd in April 2004 at the Greater Emmanuel Institutional Church Of God In Christ (COGIC) in Detroit, MI, where the pastor is Pastor J. Drew Sheard (husband to Clark’s sister Karen Clark-Sheard).
“I was so happy to recording at home,” remarked Clark. “This album is a reflection of my upbringing … of my family, my mother and father. It is reflection of how my career started and where our ministry began.”
The crowd filled with gospel luminaries like the Clark Sisters (Jacky Clark-Chisholm; Dorinda Clark-Cole; and Karen Clark-Sheard); Ronald Winans; Daryl Coley; Vanessa Bell Armstrong; and family member producer extraordinaire J.Moss were all treated to an evening of inspiration and anointing. Clark was backed by an ensemble of 22 singers and a full band and the excitement of the night’s recording is evident.
“There is something special about doing a live recording … something that you just can’t get in the studio,” said Clark. “The feeling you get back from the audience allows me to open up more, give more and pour out more. You can feel their [the audience] hearts and it helps to deliver and interject more which allows us … the singers and the musicians to make a better connection with the Lord.”
The exciting night was produced primarily by Asaph “Alex” Ward whose credits include Kim Burrell, Virtue and Dorinda Clark-Cole. Ward infused his production and engineering savvy to bring all the elements together that night. Clark said “It was rewarding to work with Alex. He completely turned everything around when I thought it wasn’t going to happen. He is so creative and very skillful at the technology of it all … he’s a real master at what he does.”
- Marvin Sapp “Thirsty” In Stores Now!
- Maharold Peoples, Jr. & Tribe of Praise Releases New CD!
- New T-Bone Release Hot Off The Grill September 25
- Rev. Milton Biggham & The Georgia Mass Choir Poised To “Tell It”
- HIP Hop Gospel Artist jaMaL Prepares To Release His Debut Single “My Best Days”
- Former NFL Players to Release Warriors Worshippers
Also on GCHeadlines
- GospelCity.com interview with Kasi Lemmons, Director of Black Nativity
- Christian Fashion Week partners with iLAEA/iCulture to Give Away FREE VIP TIX
- Prophet Donny Pomerlee Debuts New Single and Project, â€śThis Great Day!â€ť
- â€śSignatureâ€ť Releases a New Sound in Their New Single â€śBigger Than Allâ€ť