Duawne Starling Shares Love Song for Valentine’s Day
“Some days I’ll make you happy. Some days I’ll make you cry.
But that don’t mean I don’t want to, love you for the rest of my life…”
-- Excerpt from the song “Some Days” by Duawne Starling
Dallas, TX - There may be conflicting accounts of how and when the holiday actually started, but for Gospel Artist/Writer/Producer Duawne Starling the beginning of Valentine’s Day does not matter. What does matter is that February 14th is another special day for him to re-confirm his love to his wife, Carmen. And for such an acclaimed vocalist like Starling, there is no easier way to do that than through song.
Taken from his recently released debut self-titled CD, Duawne Starling, “Some Days” clearly exemplifies how the Petersburg, Virginia native can devote his God-given vocal talents to express true love and compassion. Starling used his strong, smooth voice – often said to have influences of Stevie Wonder, Babyface and the late Luther Vandross – to “woo” the woman God sent him as a lifelong soul mate. Now four years later, he still croons her in the same fashion, and for this Valentine’s Day wants to share his spiritual, musical love song with others. “ I actually started writing this song before Carmen and I were married, but didn’t finish it until several months after our wedding,” Starling admits. “Now, it is one of my favorite songs to sing to her.”
“Some Days” is inspired by the scripture I Corinthians 13:4-7, which begins “love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud…” It is through these words Starling is committed to loving his wife no matter what obstacles they face. “What I am saying to her is that every day will not be sunny and full of smiles. There will be pain along the way,” he says. “But I want to give her assurance of my love and commitment and to always let her know I will always be there for her come what may!”
Once a noted model on the Ebony Fashion Fair runway, Starling is best known for his numerous years of collaborations with an array of artists in both the gospel and secular industries -- Donnie McClurkin, Fred Hammond, Kirk Franklin, Kelly Price, Dolly Parton, CeCe Winans, Kim Burrell, Michael McDonald, Wynonna Judd and Bishop T.D. Jakes. Now, after faithfully serving in the background for more than 12 years Starling steps into the limelight with his premier solo project, “which shares my trials and triumphs of my journey through reality,” he says. “A journey that I pray will enlighten, encourage and empower all those who choose to listen to the message.”
- Marvin Sapp “Thirsty” In Stores Now!
- Maharold Peoples, Jr. & Tribe of Praise Releases New CD!
- New T-Bone Release Hot Off The Grill September 25
- Rev. Milton Biggham & The Georgia Mass Choir Poised To “Tell It”
- HIP Hop Gospel Artist jaMaL Prepares To Release His Debut Single “My Best Days”
- Former NFL Players to Release Warriors Worshippers
Also on GCHeadlines
- ANNOUNCING: New Gospel Talent Booking Agency Now Open for Business!
- â€śLIFEâ€™S ESSENTIALS WITH RUBY DEEâ€ť AT BRONZELENS FILM FESTIVAL
- GRAMMY WINNER MICHELLE WILLIAMS RELEASES HIGHLY ANTICIPATED NEW ALBUM â€śJOURNEY TO FREEDOMâ€ť TO #1
- Recap of 2014 Allstate Gospel SuperFest Battle of the Bands in tour at Washington, DC auditions