Byron Cage – An Invitation To Worship
He also gives us a dose of his own songwriting while taking us to the islands on the Caribbean-flavored He Reigns. Broken But I’m Healed, written by the illustrious songwriter V. Michael McKay, is a slow, thoughtful piece and speaks of the restorative power of God. Many will like the catchy original tune, Holy, Holy, Holy, and the unforgettable track, Lift Him Up. Cage’s ability to glide easily from traditional to contemporary is highlighted as he sings of Heaven on the mellow Special Place followed bythe churchy original track (with elements of the well-known church song), Praise Him. Worship The King, with its driving rhythm and slick bass guitar licks, finds the artist encouraging the audience to give praise to God with the dance. The title tune, Invitation, another Williams contribution, is a gorgeous ballad. The pretty worship song definitely sets the tone for the presence of the Lord. It’s a breathtaking composition and one of the most memorable songs on this project. Cage ends with a heartfelt closing prayer.
Cage delivers a stunning project with An Invitation To Worship and has indeed retained his title as “The Prince Of Praise”.
For more information about Byron Cage, go to www.byroncage.com
Feedback - Rene Williams is a freelance writer for Gospelcity.com, GTM Magazine and Charisma Magazine. She also is the author of the Gospel News Update, a bi-weekly e-zine about what's happening in the Christian music industry, and the D.C. Gospel News Update, a weekly newsletter about gospel events in the Washington, D.C. area.
- J Moss's "The Other Side"
- Charles Jenkins & Fellowship Chicago's Best of Both Worlds
- Myron Butler's "Worship"
- Amber Bullock's "Thank You"
- Theresa Pinkney - "Me Against the World"
- Martha Munizzi - "Make It Loud"
Also on GCHeadlines
- ANNOUNCING: New Gospel Talent Booking Agency Now Open for Business!
- â€śLIFEâ€™S ESSENTIALS WITH RUBY DEEâ€ť AT BRONZELENS FILM FESTIVAL
- GRAMMY WINNER MICHELLE WILLIAMS RELEASES HIGHLY ANTICIPATED NEW ALBUM â€śJOURNEY TO FREEDOMâ€ť TO #1
- Recap of 2014 Allstate Gospel SuperFest Battle of the Bands in tour at Washington, DC auditions