Robert Randolph plays Austin City Limits
Austin City Limits brings the unique sounds of pedal steel guitar phenomenon Robert Randolph & The Family Band to PBS on Saturday, October 9th. This group has been getting national attention and gaining fans for their high-energy music that fuses gospel, rock and more.
The band's album Unclassified continues to intrigue the world of music and garnered both Grammy and Dove Award Nominations. The band spent most of this year touring with Eric Clapton in both Europe and the United States, as well as playing major festivals across the country including Bonnaroo and Clapton's Crossroads Festival. Randolph has been spending guesting on other artists projects including upcoming albums from North Mississippi Allstars, Ozzy Osbourne, Ringo Starr, Soulive and Sawyer Brown. Plans are currently underway to begin work on their own second studio album due out sometime next year.
The bands set list for Saturday night includes Randolph's popular songs with guest appearances by his pedal steel mentors:
Going in the Right Direction
Squeeze (with Luther Dickinson)
Train Don't Leave Me Now (with Aubrey Ghent)
Wave My Hand (with Calvin Cooke)
I Need More Love Medley (with Ted Beard, Calvin Cooke and Aubrey Ghent
Check your local PBS listings for times!
- Free Holy Hip Hop App Now Available
- SUNDAY BEST Returns with Local Auditions
- Lecrae Wins Grammy at 55th Annual 2013 Awards Show
- 2013 Starts Off with a Bang for CAJO International CEO Canton Jones!
- Forever Jones' Non-Scripted Series Premiere Presented by Walmart on BOUNCE TV
- David M. Edwards Releases Heart Full Of Soul Digitally May 21, 2013