BET's "Video Gospel" Program Celebrates Mothers' Day With New Videos That Every Mother Can Love
Black Entertainment Television (BET) is celebrating Mother’s Day - Sunday, May 9, 2010 @ 11:00 AM EST when the Sunday morning staple “VIdeo Gospel” premieres three new videos that every mother will love.
A very poignant moment will be when the show broadcasts the premiere of Tracy Worth’s new video “Christ Is All.” The Chicago-based singer is best-known for her 2005 radio smash “I’ll Follow You” with Melvin Williams of The Williams Brothers. Since that time, she has endured a multiple sclerosis diagnosis. She’s also survived breast cancer and two rounds of chemotherapy. In one scene, Worth is looking in a mirror as she pulls off her wig to showcase the hair loss due to her therapy. She says that through her illness, she learned that “Christ Is All” for her and recorded the song in gratitude to God for her healing her. The song is now available for digital download on itunes and amazon.com
On the same program, The Brown Sisters of Chicago will unveil the video for their Billboard Top 20 smash “Awesome God.” Set in a concert setting, the majestic song of worship features praise dancers and a cameo appearance by their mother.
Rev. Jasper Williams is legendary in preaching circles and known as America’s greatest Hooping preacher. From the 60s’ through the `80s, he recorded two dozen best-selling sermon and gospel music LPs. It’s been over two decades since his last gospel project, so this July he will release the down home gospel CD Landmark. Recorded live at his Salem Bible Church in Atlanta, GA, the concert video of his first single is entitled “Down Through The Years.” “This is a song that all of the elderly church mothers will be waving their hats on,” says one fan of the song.
- Prophet Donny Pomerlee Debuts New Single and Project, â€śThis Great Day!â€ť
- â€śSignatureâ€ť Releases a New Sound in Their New Single â€śBigger Than Allâ€ť
- Motown Gospelâ€™s Tasha Cobbs Wins Big with Three GMA Dove Awards
- Verizon How Sweet the Sound â€śBest Choir in Americaâ€ť Winners â€“ Where are they now?
- Announcing 1st Annual GospelCity.com (Virtual) Music Awards (GCMA)
- GospelCity.com interview with Kasi Lemmons, Director of Black Nativity